Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wedding Hair

Well I guess here is my chance to show off something that I LOVE DOING and I THINK I am good at but I have to say that I am a bit disappointed how these turned out. Usually I am really excited about the hair and go to grab my camera and realize I have forgotten it. Sound familiar?
I am beyond bummed out with these but in my defense I DID NOT HAVE A CONSULT! usually I will get in a consultation with the bride before the day of the wedding/bridals in which I will actually go through with them their wants and desires and then I will actually do the hair, make sure the veil fits and it is everything she wants, see if there are any changes etc.
I received this call on Tuesday night about the bridals for Friday and the wedding for sat. I unfortunately could not get off work on such short time notice for Friday but I was able to haul my butt out of bed at 5:30 in the morning on Saturday, this was a VERY EARLY morning wedding here.
I guess I am fishing for compliments to make me feel better about the situation (think positive, the bride didn't scream in horror!)



The Bride - side view


the bride close up


The bride a back view


the bride without the veil (she looks blond here huh?)


this girl is only 12 and man does she have a head of hair on her! it is thick!


Another back view


A side view (yes that is a criss cross pattern I put in her hair, all the way around. I had to think quick!)


this cute little girl is only 7 and she was a doll! I wanted something that could hold in while she ran around.


I wanted to add a flower to the side of this but she was not having it.


Side View


Side View

All in all it was fun and they turned out adorable, although I am still disappointed in myself. they came out well considering the circumstance. Now do I throw the check away because this isn't my greatest work? I don't know, opinions please?

Congrats Chelsea on your wedding! I hope you have a fun-filled day with memories that you will cherish for a life time!

3 comments:

sarita said...

I love them all but I think the criss-cross 'do is my fave! Nice work!

Unknown said...

Why on earth would you throw away money? You're nuts. They were all terrific, not a hair out of place (that I could see). Cash that check and enjoy it!

The Greenwoods said...

You did a great job on the hair!!! You really did think positive!!!