Thursday, April 9, 2009

Where have I Been?

Well over a month ago when I made a resolution to start make 1 new recipes (which I have been doing well at, I just haven't posted them all) I bought a book from the desseret book outlet center down the street from our house that is going out of business. Now we all know we get these books and they go in our cute little cupboard that is above the fridge that no one can reach right? Well I thought I would try this one. hence the commitment. This book is awesome! It has over 400 recipes, all with pictures! and the nutrition facts! It has quick (30 minutes) Quicker (25 minutes) Quickest (20 minutes) recipe. Recipes you can do with your kids. Recipes that your mom used to make back in the day but quicker. Recipes for parties. Recipes for healthy people. Recipes that are all based on certain frozen food (i.e potatoes, chicken fingers, fish stick, etc.) One pot recipes (supposedly to where you do everything in one pot, quick clean up) Stuff you can make that your kids will eat and then things to add to it after you serve them up that will make it more filling and healthier for you as an adult. Anyways, enough of my going on and on here it is: the better homes and garden Fast Fix Family Food.

My Co-worker Katie even bought this book (correct me if I am wrong!) for 1.99 used on amazon plus s/h. She took it home over the weekend and made these apple glazed pork chops in here and the monkey break and said they were yummy. So if you ask, this is where I have been getting my recipes from. It really is amazing and has some yummy food!

This last week I did do a new recipe and as we speak I have a new one on the stove for tonight. last week I did what was called 'garden pasta' that has been looking mighty yummy and it was! It was quick and easy. The recipe is posted below.



For those of you who don't know, Bryce is on a very strict diet (kind of) He cannot have Gluten (wheat, oats and barley so to speak) and dairy. If he does cross over that line he gets very sick. As his personal hired/paid cook (I wish) I make sure everything we eat he can eat. So most of these recipes in the book ask for pre-made this and pre-made that. For Bryce I make the majority of this stuff for him (hence the McCormick's sauce for this recipe instead of store made: Store made has Parmesan cheese in it) so a mental note: All of the things I make are gluten/dairy free!!! If you want to try low carb dinner but what to have pasta, use gluten free pasta. It looks the same, there is a difference in taste but it is not bad. oh and the Gluten free cake is AWESOME. I would eat that over regular cake anyday! I made one for Bryce last time and ate half of it myself. Ha ha. any whoo.. just a mental note.

Ok now over to the weekend. We had a fun filled weekend of birthday parties and gardening. Now that I have told everyone that I need to tell that I live with Bryce I can talk about it openly. This year we started a garden, we did one the first year we were dating but we put in a back yard last year and didn't have time for it. SO far we have raspberry, grapes, blueberries, peas and beans. as soon as they start to sprout up I will take pics. This week Bryce has had the week off so we are re-doing the deck. Here is our before pic:



and here is the handsome man working on ripping it up. The weather has not cooperated with us at all this week. It has been rainy so we haven't gotten anything done on it yet besides ripping it apart. We plan to have the backyard of the century this year where we will have many bbq's and parties. We are trying hard to repair this deck so our new bbq and patio set will look nice on it. We also plan to have a fire pit in this year (crossing our fingers... and toes).



In this all where do you ask am I? well I am the cute girl behind the camera. I will make sure I get a pic of her next time. I make sure that handsome man has yummy food and stay out of his way so he has tons of energy to work. I tend to be a distraction to him.

I guess since the week is almost over we have a fun filled weekend of getting the trailer cleaned and ready to go for our camping trip (score) and I also have wedding hair that I will definitely post pics for you to see. I just got the call on tues for it so I didn't have time to do a consultation with the girl but I hope it is a great success!
Now as far as my 'what the hell post' hopefully I will get a bit more sleep tonight (I have been suffering with something that mimics insomnia for the last 4 night) and I wont be so damn cranky tomorrow. :)

No comments: