Sunday, March 13, 2011

Prom Dress Shopping


Well we tend to lead boring lives during the winter... There hasn't been much to blog about lately but I cant completely abandon this place :) Yesterday I had the chance to take my niece prom dress shopping. She has been ecstatic since she got asked. I think I heard about the shopping every from the first day that she asked me to go with her. This is her first prom so we had to make a day out of it and we had to make it the best... something she wont forget!

We started our morning off early... earlier than I want to see day light on a Saturday but it was all in good fun. We stopped by a few malls here and there before going to place that carried 'her dress' she found on line. Like we thought, they were all a bust! Around 10 AM we headed down to the gateway. It was insane! I now know why I don't do shopping on Saturdays. We spent nearly 20 minutes just to get one block down there, what the heck was going on??? Next time I need to do my research because THIS was going on. Holy good crap it was busy and barely movable. We had to park the car, the underground was packed, no such luck. We pulled into an 'event parking' for $5.00, the only problem is that there was no more $5.00 parking. They wanted $6.00 for 'VIP parking'. Don't worry it was all in good fun of buying the dress. We finally make our way through the crowds to the store. When we get there, there are beautiful dresses everywhere. We start searching for dresses in her size, they tell us that if we don't see the dresses in her size to let them know and they will grab them from the back. The first 3 dresses I grab I strike out! They don't have her size, or anything close to her size. Luckily her and her mom were doing better at find something. The dress she was in love with was no longer available, they had sold the last one that morning and the order date to get it was late May. We didn't have that much time so we continued to look to find the perfect dress for her. We pulled as many dresses as we could find for her to try one. Would you believe every single dress we got did not come in her size and the order date was too long??? We were there 3 hours later when we found this beauty:


The problem: They didn't have her size (Really????) The solution: They did have 1 size bigger than her normal. We had her try it on anyways and it fit perfectly! Thank goodness for corset backs that lace up and not zippers. She looked amazing! after talking it over she decided that although this wasn't her 'dream dress' she found on line earlier it was pretty dang close and she wanted it. We bought the dress and went on our way. We hit up lunch, went shopping for shoes, a clutch and jewelry. We had a full day of fun. We laughed until we had tears down our face. It was an awesome day to spend with my niece and sister in law. In a few weeks I will be taking the day off to go out and help her get ready for the big event. My heart breaks that her dad has to work and wont be able to see his first born off to her first prom, but between her mom and me I think we will get enough picture that he will feel like her is there.

On a side not she got the blue one....

No comments: