Friday, February 18, 2011

Brown alpaca meets Mr. Plum


It has been a while since I last blogged so I thought I would give you all a sneak peak of what we have been up to. Now that Christmas is over we are working hard on transforming this house into our own. It is always a work in progress...

I am very excited about my 'purple room' and people hear me talk about it all the time so here are some sneak peaks....

These are right as you walk into the door way. The knobs are actually purple to match my wall and curtain but the pic makes them look black. I didn't want these just hanging by a nail or hook so I ventured off to hobby lobby to see what I can find. Did you know that they have a whole isle dedicated to different kinds of knobs??? Well they do and some are REALLY expensive. I spent a pretty penny on these but they match so well I couldn't pass them up!

This mirror was a nice oak color but I am NOT a fan of oak. Bryce loves it in the kitchen and that is the one place I will have it. I love black or redwood furniture. I decided instead of throwing this mirror out that I would paint it black and hang it on my wall for when I do cuts. I think it turned out well.

Mr plum meet Brown Alpaca, Brown alpaca meet Mr plum!
I was really scared when I put this purple on my wall. I am not a purple fan and when it was wet I was beginning to regret my decision but I plowed through and stuck with it (it always dries different...) When it dried it could not be any more perfect. The brown and purple go perfectly together!

Well there you have it! There is a little sneak peak. When it is completed I will give you a full tour. I hop you all like it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! It's WAY cute! You're such a little decorator!