Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A new beginning *Post note

I cannot believe it is time to review how I did last year and set new goals for the year. I have mentioned before that I hate setting goals for 'new year's' so I use January as a month of reflecting on how I would like to better myself. So I guess it is time to write it all down but first lets review how I did last year. My first goal was to finish school: Check! I not only finished school but I made it legal by taking all of the state test for it. That was my second goal. 2 for 2! My 3rd goal was to not text while driving. I did awesome in the beginning. towards the end of the year I made more slip ups then I should have but I tried to resist. I could work harder to make that a no tolerance rule. As a couple we decided that we would not work on the house during the summer. I think we did pretty good at this. We did take time to finish the deck but we did not spend our whole summer doing that. I would say we made this a 85% complete. Overall not a bad year.
I have put alot of thought into what I would like to make as this year goals. I want something realistic and that is hard for me because I get all excited and when I don't do it I get really bummed and just quit all together. So here are some goals that I think are realistic:
1. Wear some form of make up at least once a week to work. Preferably eye shadow. Since my alarm goes off at 5:30 I would rather sleep that extra 10 minutes than put on makeup. I guess I pass it off well :) but I really need to try harder to put effort into myself.
2. No texting while driving. I know I did this last year but I really need to buckle down on it 100%.
3. I want to start back up kick boxing. You always here 'I wanna lose weight' that is not the case here. I felt like I could concur anything when I went to kick boxing. I felt like I could take on the world. It is not a matter of losing weight, it is a matter of feeling better about myself. Simple enough, right?
I may add more to the list but for right now I think those 3 are achievable but we cant stop there, we need to have a goal as a couple!
Our goal as a couple is this: We want all of our emergency supply by the end of the year, preferably by August. Each month we have a 'quota' of what we need to buy to make this goal. We have signed up for mailers so we know what is on sale and when to buy it. January went off well. We had made that goal by the 7th! WOO HOO!!!

I think 2010 went great so lets hope to an even better 2011!!!!!!

*Post note: I have 2 more that I forgot to add. They are small but I still want to do it.
4. no soda. period. I have taken to soda more than water in the month of December and I am done. I don't need it.
5. I have several bank accounts and one in particular is not suppose to be touched. I even have it at a different credit union for the purpose of not going there and not using it. I have failed miserably so as of Feb 1st there will be NO TOUCHING it at all. That is suppose to be my new car fund for when my car hits the crapper (which I hope isn't for at least another 5 years , at least!)
5 is a good round number...

No comments: