Saturday, January 8, 2011

... And....

My goodness! Where has time gone??? It would be so much easier to update this thing if my computer was working properly. and now it is...

There is so much to update. December came and went so fast I don't think I managed to blink. This post will be an overload of pics. Next post will be about the great deal we got AFTER Christmas. I could care less about black Friday but when December 26th comes I am ready. So hang on tight and here we go....

Early in the month of December, after we decorated the house and trimmed the tree we kicked off the Christmas season with making gingerbread houses. I didn't get any pictures during the process but here is the ending result:








During the month of December we always attend the 'lighting of the candles' This is at the cemetery where my best friend is at. It always tends to be on her birthday or within a day of her birthday. We always stop and leave her some flowers. This year we were running really late and due to the rain/snow the majority of the candles were out but I still tried to get a picture. After that we decided to head over to Christmas Tree Lane to help get in to the Christmas spirit. Here are just a few pics:






This Christmas was our first Christmas alone! There was much anticipation. It was very exciting for us. We usually have a full house for 3 days (and nights) straight. It was really nice to have our alone moments. For Christmas Eve we did a candle lit dinner. After dinner we did chocolate fondue and watch Christmas Vacation (A tradition). Our 'traditions' are still evolving...





and here is the recipe... You are welcome!!! (for those who are worried about the alcohol, you don't have to use it. It is just as good without)


Christmas morning we woke up bright and early (can't you tell in the first picture???) I am such the kid in the relationship! but this year Bryce was up before me... It was really nice to spend the morning opening gifts together and going back to bed...




After a relaxing morning we headed to Aunt Eileens house to open more gifts. I didn't take any pictures and I didn't stay long. I made my first ham this year so I had to come home to finish dinner. Later in the afternoon everyone came back to the house to enjoy a yummy dinner and open even more gifts.






After all of the Christmas celebration we had Grandma's 80th birthday. Since you only turn 80 once in your lifetime we had to throw a surprise party. Oh boy was she surprised, she was like a giddy school girl!











The holidays were busy but they were fun. Now here is to things slowing down...

No comments: