Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Remember....

This Friday it will be 9 years since my best friend
full filled a promise to me, you can read about it
here.
Every year I get all teary eyed and reflect on my
last days with her. I think about what I would have
said if I knew she was going to slip into a coma
only hours after I had last seen her.
So like I do every year, I sit and reflect. I
think about what she would be doing. Would she
be married?
Would she be graduating from school with me?
Would we walk together? Would she have kids?
The only thing I do know, I miss my friend and
it doesn't get any easier this time of year.
In attempts to turn my frown upside down and put
on a happy face I want to try something different
this year I can only do it with you help!

Silver is the color for brain cancer that took
my best friend from this mortal life. There was
no denying her favorite color is purple (and
turquoise!). Every may I have my nails done in
purple. This year I want to invite all of you to
wear purple or gray! It can be earrings, fake hair,
lipstick, shirts, underwear (for the love of,
Please don't send me that picture!) socks,
shoes or whatever else comes to mind(
silver is almost impossible to find in clothing)
to help remember my dear friend who could
brighten the darkest of rooms. Take a picture,
send me your picture. who knows maybe I will
post it on here Help me remember the good times
I had with my friend even since almost none of
you knew her. PLEASE PLEASE PAAAHLEESE
wear try and wear these colors on FRIDAY May 7th.

One last thing, I thought I would share the last
email I received from Jessica exactly one month
before she passed away. This may have been a
chain letter but to us this was real. and yes
I still have this email.






A simple friend has never seen you cry.
A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names.
A real friend has their phone numbers in his address
book.

A simple friend brings a bottle of wine to your party.
A real friend comes early to help you cook and stays
late to help you clean.


A simple friend hates it when you call after he has
gone to bed.

A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your
problems.

A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend wonders about your romantic history.
A real friend could blackmail you with it.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest.
A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps
himself.


A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when
you HAVE an argument.

A real friend knows that it's not a friendship until
after you've had a fight.


A simple friend expects you to always be there for
them.

A real friend expects to always be there for you!

No comments: