Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ward Family Reunion II



Now that I have more time I thought I would tell you about the reunion.

Friday morning we got up and packed up the car to head up to Green Canyon Hot springs, Idaho. I decided to take my brothers kids so they could have some fun with the rest of us too. I also thought that this would be a great way to keep Bryce entertained seems how he didn't know anyone. Having 3 kids is work!
Cam rode with my mom, Chad and Julia came with me. We left at 10:30 in the morning and stopped off at my favorite place in Roy called Berger Bar. If you are ever in Roy stop there! I have fond memories growing up and always stopping there on our twice a year trips to Idaho. good times.
We also stopped in Idaho Falls to do some grocery shopping so we could get things that the kids would eat. By the time we got up there is was after 5 at night, alot later than I planned. We are cruising down the highway following google maps direction and our direction come to a complete halt in the middle of no mans land. We try to keep going but we are just not finding this place and it has been years since I had been there last. Memories were vague. So we decided to head back to the nearest town to get help. On the way back I hit a huge rock probably the size of a soccer ball. Oh did I mention I got new tires on Thurs night?? No worries I didn't hear anything and it didn't sound like it popped. When we got our directions and looks at the tire, the rim was bent and the tire had a bulged. just my luck. We were not far off and made it to camp safely. We traded our tire out for the spare and broke off one of the nuts, clean. looks like we were making the trip back on 3. We got camp all set up and my mom was nice enough to make us all dinner. It was yummy.
Sat we woke up to early morning breakfast and went swimming. We had the kids and all enjoyed ourselves. Soon the family started to arrive. I will be honest and say that I am a bit disappointed in the number of people who showed up. Our family made up half of the group alone. My one uncle has 11.. yes 11 kids and they are all married and have kids themselves and none of them came. I was looking forward to catching up with some of my cousins (and by cousin I mean my cousin kids in which I grew up with because they are all way older than me). After a nice lunch and an auction to raise money for next year we had to say our see you laters. I hate this part and I usually cry because for some this may be the last time I will see them. I tried to keep myself busy by cleaning up. After everyone had left we took the kids once again to the pool and after a few hours of playing around in the water we headed back to camp (did I mention it was FREEZING???) for dinner, fire and a good nights rest for we had a lots of packing to do and a long drive ahead of us.
Sunday we woke up, had a good breakfast, packed up and headed home. We also stopped in poci. for lunch. Now I am at home trying to catch up the laundry and un/re packing we have to do for our next camping adventure. I am sad it is over but I hope to able to return to Idaho soon to see some of my family. Sorry that was so long.. now here is a long list of pictures!


My dad's family: Bruce, Dean, Joyce, Harvey (He looks exactly like my g-pa) and my dad. They are missing their brother Clayton who passed away 7 years ago.


Bryce, Chad and Cam Climbing up to the cave above the campground


My sister Aimee, I am doing her hair.. go figure.


Emi and Bed head.. yes that is me and yes I just woke up


My Nephew, Jayce


Chad and Jayce 'Rolling on the tent' to get the air out.


Emi, she is just so dang cute and 100% my sisters kid. My sister wasn't able to come because she had finales. She is graduating with her nursing degree this Friday. Amazing.


Bryce, me my Aunt Joyce and my cousin (2nd) Rusty


My Cousin Melissa (2nd) me my cousin Jan and my cousin Dan (2nd) Jan is dan's mother and Melissa Mother in law. Does that make sense? See I told you all of my 'cousins' are actually my cousins kids


My nephew Kaleb. He is cute too


My Aunt leona


Emi again, so photogenic

1 comment:

The Greenwoods said...

Great pics looks like you are getting great use out of your new baby!!!