Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ward Family Reunion 2009

This weekend we found ourselves making the 5 hours trek to no-mans-land Idaho for my Ward (dad's) Family Reunion. I have tons of good memories of my family and some of the only memories of my grandmother at the family reunions. This reunion is Celebrating the life and descendants of Wilford and Stella Ward (my dad's parent). I never knew my grandfather, he passed away before I even knew how to walk and my grandmother left us to join him when I was 12 years old. It is great to get together and see my cousins, sadly throughout the years it is getting harder and harder on my dad's siblings to camp. My dad is the last of his line and I am the last of my parents line.
I have to say I was very excited to learn there was a family reunion this year, the last time I was in Idaho was 4 years ago. I am sad to say that only 1/8 of the family was able to attend. This was Bryce's chance to meet my family. We had good food, good conversation and all around a good time. I also got a chance to spend some time with my nieces and nephews that I don't see very much and I was also able to get some pictures seems how in their short lives I have never been able to get one. Overall the weekend was great and even with the family problems, we were able to put those aside for the weekend. It has now taken me and hour to upload these photos so throughout the week I will upload a few more to share what we did throughout weekend along with some stories. Here we go.. enjoy!


Camping Isn't camping without s'mores.. you want some?? (sister, Aimee)


This is such a cute picture of my niece Emi


Keeping the kids entertained with bubbles, Kaleb LOVED these! (Chad)


Getting the fire going. Did I mention it was FREEZING up there??? (Cam)


Classic


Leave it up to my dad to make us laugh. Yes that is a purple Tinkerbell hat and yes it is Emi's


Such a cute kid, very photogenic (Kaleb, my nephew)


More Yummy food, our favorite meal... hobo dinners


Cousins, Emi and lolly (real names Emily and Julia) They were two peas in a pod


1 comment:

The Greenwoods said...

Looks like you had a great time!!!