Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dear Mr Squirrel



Dear Mr Squirrel,
I headed my way up to mirror lake to see you this weekend. It has been a while and I know I have abandoned my dear friend. Friday night was late and you must have been asleep. I didnt even hear you making your hunger pain cries. It was late and I was tired, I didn't think twice as I shut my eyes.
Saturday morning I heard you screaming for joy when you saw me. That or you were fighting over some hot girl that you have found since I last saw you. The minute I came out of my tent you ran away to frolic with your new found friends, I am sorry! I think back to the times when I was young. I would steal my dads hazelnuts and ride my bike around until I saw you. At the base of your home I would put a handful of the hazelnuts and leave. When I came back around the campground loop they would be gone. You seemed to like that because every time I came around you would be waiting. Although I have to say I don't think my dad was too much of a happy camper. He soon learned to buy more than just one bag, I never told him how they disappeared so fast.
This time I even had some Gourmet trail mix. by after noon you must've still been mad becsudr you wouldn't come around. I decided to head out for a gingerly walk around the lake hoping you would cool down a bit. I even gave your friend Ms. fish some raisin. She didn't like them too well because she spit them out as soon as I tried to feed them to her. I guess walmart brand doesnt count as gourmet. I lied.



I came back and saw you running around. I even put some at the base of your 'tree' but you were just not having it. I asked Bryce to keep an eye out while I went to go take a nap. The only thing I got out of it was a nice sunburn.



By evening I still had not seen you coming running to my presents that I left for you. Boy you must be mad! I thought I would even throw you out a chip, no such luck. Ok I lied again, I dropped a chip, but I had you in mind. By dinner time I decided to take another hike, maybe this time you would come out, I am leaving soon.



We got eaten alive out there by sir mosquito but saw some of the best picture perfect moment.



When I came back I didn't not see you but I did see your good friend lady chipmunk chomping away at the chip that was meant for you. I am sorry you didn't get to it first.



I waited up until the wee hours of the morning but you must've been exhausted. I am sorry that I didn't get to see you this time around. Sunday morning we left early for the mean park rangers were kicking us out. Maybe next time you will be oh so forgiving so I can see your cute little face. I will miss you.

Sincerely,
The lady who shouldn't have, but did

1 comment:

Katie said...

Don't worry, Mr. Squirrel was probably visiting a cousin in the city. If you read his blog, it is probably titled "Dear Miss Hazelnut, I tried to find you today but"...
Oh and beautiful pictures, you are talented!