Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Nice Suprise

This week has been one busy week, oh and we are only 2 days in! Every day I have payroll I do for my company. Mondays are not my days. Our poor rug guy here at work says I am never excited to see him, I told him to come in on Fridays. Every Monday we close pay period week, Every other Monday we close pay period ending and can I tell you how annoying it is that everyone waits til the last minute to turn in all their time cards???? Wow, I am a patient one.

There is a point to this stay with me.


Yesterday Was pay period ending. There was lots of mess ups, no one putting their time to the correct job so on and so forth, typical closing Monday. At the end of the day I was told.. or asked to help with our company's audit. We have several of these a year, long story. My first 6 months here I helped with 3 of them. They asked me to start on this particular one immediate, of course I have my normal job that I have to maintain. I told them I needed until wednesday so I could wrap up a few things.


Today I got my work wrapped up a little bit earlier than planned and marched right back to one of the supervisors office and declared that I am good to go. While the supervisor was instructing on how he wanted things done a cute girl here at the office walked up (who is also helping with the audit) with this...


I am SOOOOOOO excited! This is a fruit tart from Normindie Cafe and gosh dang-it it will be the best you will ever taste in your entire life! I screamed for joy. Oh ladies I understand this is against our code of the the sisterhood but it was SOOOO worth it and I will totally kick butt at kickboxing tonight. If you ever get a chance stroll on up to Normindie, It is a cute little cafe with great food and oh so devilish desserts. And if you don't want to go by yourself, give me a call, it might take some talking into (ok maybe not) but you might be able to drag my butt up there (visa versa is more like it).


Thanks Camille, it was a great surprise and brightened up my day.


In other news, we are still working on the deck. It has been a long hard process, the weather has been anything but cooperating with us. Hopefully tonight we will have the flooring done and start working on the railing and stairway.


This weekend we will be going to Bryce's reunion. I am hoping to have a few pics but we are in charge of the little rugrats/ankle bitters and the game (oh joy!) oh and This week I am going to post a yummy recipe that I LOVE that I got from my great sister - Alisha when I lived with her. I hope you will all try it, it is very yummy and very healthy.

As for right now, I am going to devour my heavenly tart.

P.S. Rie I sent you an email!

No comments: