Wednesday, June 10, 2009

... Bring on the Rain...

This week I have seen tons of headers 'rain rain go away' can I just say I LOVE the rain. remember when you were a fearless kid, always out playing in the rain even during lightning storms?? ok maybe not but I do! I have to be honest and say I don't mind the rain. Maybe if I didn't work or I was a stay at home mom I would mind it a bit more with being stuck indoors. but for right now, bring it on.

This year has been one of the slowest starting years I can remember in Utah. I don't think I ever remember a June starting off without 100 degree weather and I am LOVING it. The heat doesn't not bring me joy. I love summer but I get sick really easy with the heat. For those who don't live in Utah that are reading this, it has rained everyday for the last 5 days here. It is AMAZING. The grass is green, the trees are lively, the flowers are LOVIN IT! We cant forget the garden. My plants have tripled in size in the last 7 days because it has been so cool and wet.

Yesterday I went to go get my massage. It was heaven. and this is what I came home to. It hasn't down poared this hard in a while. I was soaking wet running the 50 feet from my car to the front door. I had 2 showers in less than 2 hours.

rain coming out of our rain gutter cause it was so full


the rain coming off of our roof, look at the gutter


Our backyard, looking into the neighbors


Our garbage can sliding away, if you look you can see the water all around it carrying it away.

'.. I'm thirsty anyways, so bring on the rain!!'

3 comments:

ed'WORD' said...

Have you heard what they are saying is the bad news to all this rain? Because the grass and other smaller plants that thrive in the spring and are growing extra tall this year will cause twice as much as tinder and threat for fire. This could ruin camping season!!!

Unknown said...

I love the rain as well... BUT I don't love driving in it. Had to go take Craig something at work yesterday and a few streets were flooded. If I had opened my car door, the water would have pooled around my feet! Scary! Other than that, I'm with ya!

Katie said...

Our garbage can would sail away too, except for the extra trash our neighbors dump in it. We still can't figure out how they get so much trash every week...