Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hardman Family Reunion


Family property rock.

This past weekend was the Hardman family reunion. Every year we pack our buns up and head down to (Hot) Hannah to spend a weekend with the family on the family property. This is my 3rd year attending and sadly every year it get smaller and smaller. This year was no exception for one it was fathers day and 2 the weather just did not want to cooperate.

The family property is actually the same land that Bryce's grandpa Archie was born and raised on along with Bryce's dad. There are many black and white pictures that I have seen of the 'rock', house, and outhouse (yes they have an outhouse that is still standing and sadly I did not get a picture of it)


This is the house that Bryce's grandfather was born in along with his 7 brothers and sisters. yes I said 7. This structure is 2 very small rooms. The trailer behind the 2nd picture is a 23 foot trailer that was longer than this house. No electricity, no stove, no bathroom, no carpet. Just the dirt and room. this is the original structure. Amazing, although I think these would look better black and white

The side view

I hate to admit when I say that we did not get any pictures of ourselves. Most of these pictures were taken on Sunday right before we left. It rained the entire time, Hard! It was a good thing we all packed extra clothes because we could not stay dry and spent the entire time under the awning or in the trailer. Bryce and I were in charge of the kid games and due to the rain and lack of interest (ok so they aren't so little anymore, they are all technically 'teenagers') We didn't do anything but our ring toss. Here is about the only good picture I got.



It is always sad to leave that place with your memories. It was even harder knowing that Grandma Thelma wasn't there with us. Overall It was a fun weekend despite the rain, but the rain brought us a beautiful sunset


Look close there is a second rainbow. It looks far away but I have NEVER had a rainbow so close to me before. I felt like I could reach out and touch it!


Another pic of the rainbow, close up

The sky, right before Dusk. I thought this looked cool


This is a pic of the second 'house' that was built after Archie and Thelma got married. I believe Bryce's dad was raised in this partciulare house



3 years ago they put in a 'real' bathroom that has flushable toilets and shower. 2 years ago they decided to make this place the Hardman homestead and bring back their upbringing.



I look forward to seeing all the family next year!

p.s I posted another Yummy recipe below. I have had this one for a while, I got it from my sister in law when I lived with them. Mmmmmm

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE family reunions!!Georgous pictures!