Sunday, May 31, 2009

There is a time to be a girl

I am totally a girlie girl. I love putting on make up (which I don't do often enough), I love getting my hair done, I love getting dressed up in pretty gowns (which only has happened in stores, but still..) I love going to the spa, and I will jump at any chance to do hair, play with makeup and make another girl feel just as girlie as me. as much as I love being a girlie girl, there is also a time and place to roll in the dirt with the boys. I love camping, 4-wheeling, anything on water and anything to do with mud.. especially when there is a 4x4 involved. With that being said I present you with...



Nikki, me and the dune buggy (yes we put all of that mud on it)

This past weekend we found ourselves out enjoy the nice warmth of the sun and the dirt in our hair. We rented a rzr-s to see how they worked out, this is going to be our 'new baby'.


Bryce, Me and the rzr-s

We are in the process of buying one and wanted to make sure it fit all of our 'needs'. We love the damn thing. I was very sceptical at first like I am with everything but it was sooo much fun once we got going and cruising around. Most important is that not only could we keep up with the dune buggy we also beat it in speed!

We went out on Friday after work and just hit up a few areas. Sat we were up once again bright and early to make sure we got a good spot. By 11 o'clock Nikki and I were soaked head to toe in mud! We took out the dune buggy and put it to its best. It was kind of funny watching all the guys pass by the mud puddles and here are two (hot) girls cruising right through them and make HUGE waves!

We had our fun and went back to our 'base' we convinced the boys that is was fun and headed out with them too. The result..


Bryce, Same, Julian and Nikki

Nikki and Julian look so much dirtier than us because they hit a wicked mud puddle. It was just that, mud. we even had people stop and watch us as we hit the biggest puddle of all. We had to be really careful because the water flew up and over us that we couldn't see at all. Next time I will take out my nice camera and stay dry to get some good pics. There was no sparing of anything.




Over all it was a fun weekend. We came home muddy and let me tell you, I think I am still finding dirt in my ears, nose and eyes. It is yucky. oh and in case you want to know, I washed my hair 3 times to get out the mud.


Bryce and I

As of now I am back to being my girlie girl self. Any of you who want to feel free to join us on our little adventures, but consider yourself warned. Oh and we will have our new baby in the next month, I will post pick.. do you think Bryce will let me have a pink one???? (there was one out there that was completely pink, even with pink seats! I fell in love....)

There is a time to be a girl and there is a time to roll in the dirt with the boys...

2 comments:

ed'WORD' said...

Who has two thumbs and is jealous??? THIS GUY! (see visual of me pointing thumbs at myself.)

Katie said...

Looks like you had fun!