Monday, May 11, 2009

Mean mom and green things

Let me start by saying that first and foremost the title has nothing to do with mothers day and that I posted a NEW YUMMY RECIPE, this a must try!!!! Apple Pecan Pork Chops.


This last past weekend has found me busy, ok the last 3 weeks have found me MIA. I have been so busy that I cant even think straight. Tonight is the first night in a month that I have actually had nothing on my schedule, and it is a good thing. I needed a break!

Yesterday was mothers day so in lieu I thought I would post some pics! We spent the day here at the house and bryce's sister and brother in law and g-ma all came over to celebrate. We did go over to his Aunts house last night for dinner. For those of you who may not know I struggle with my family so we did not go over to my parents, however I did try to call my mom (after numerous hang ups by the grandkids... the little ones) I finally got ahold of her and we will be taking her out to dinner within the next week or so. This is a difficult situation for me so don't think too harshly of me :)

We got Debbie (Bryce's mom) some nice frames with some childhood pics in them. It does not sound like it was much but it was alot of work and the frames were not cheap. I hope she had a good mothers day! p.s. enlarge this first pic and you will be able to see our newly established garden. The ones on the right are our peas! I am so excited, they are getting soooo big!


Debbie, kickin' it back


Bryce, Debbie and Nikki. Can you tell they are related

I post this pic with some hesitancy, I am HUGE! and no I am not preggers. I am working on getting this down, especially for the ones who say me at my most trying time in my life I am sure you want to feel embarrassed for me. I will get healthy again and SOON, I am on a deadline. Plus I am next to the skinniest people in the world. Dang it!

OK now onto my title.. mean mom and green things. I had the chance on Thursday to go out to no mans land to take care of my sister (in law, you will soon learn to me even my in laws are still just my 'sisters' no in laws about it, don't get confused) who had surgery. I knew my brother was not able to take off work. He did stay with her at the hospital but that was just about it. I headed down Early on Thurs because I knew there was shopping to do. I picked up the kids and headed to the store. WOW that was an adventure. the good that came out of it was I was literally out of that store in 10 minutes. A list in my hand and giving each of the kids 4 things to grab, come back and put in the cart they were off for 4 more items. $100 later we were on our way home. I had all of the kids walk in one by one with tulips for their mom who I am sure was comatose with all the drugs she was on, I then sent her husband in with dinner after all the flowers had arrived. It was cute!
Friday I was all by myself, kids gone to school, hubby off to work and birds still asleep I awoke to work calling (long story, will explain later) I was out of bed and off to see how Jen was doing, still asleep. That entire day I spent doing 16 loads of laundry, making a chore list, having dinner prepped for the next few days for jen just to heat up and waiting for the kids to get home and scrapbooking in between loads. I hung all of jen's laundry but made the kids fold. I am learning..
The kids came home and eagerly (ok not eagerly, but chad was deaf for the day so hey there wasn't an argument! only because he couldn't speak) worked on their chores. Sweeping, mopping, washing, folding, cooking and such. Good times. We got nearly all the laundry done the house was in perfect shape! rooms clean, homework done. time to play.
I sat down with Chad. He was going to his first dance (for all those LDS members out there, now is the time to gasp!) He is 1 month shy of his 16th birthday but I was so excited that I didn't care! He got asked to a girls choice dance! I am sooooo excited for him. He didn't want to talk to me at first about this 'girl' but I told him he could talk to me about it or answer a million and one questions from his parents, he spilled the beans. I hope he enjoyed himself. I remember changing his butt.. oh and the embarrassing stories, I wish I could've been there when she picked him up.. oh the memories.
The kids all helped me with dinner, I had it completed before their dad got home. I did this because although I had Bryce helping me with my surgery I wish I had someone come in and make sure my hubby was fed, kids taken care of and house squeaky clean for me so that I didn't have to think of the aftermath of not getting out bed for 5 days. I decided to make fajitas, who doesn't like fajitas right??? well needless to say my cute 7 year old neice, lolly, had a different idea. She is known to not eat dinner and have cookies, ice cream and much more. Now was my turn to be super mom. I made her dinner, stuck in on the bar and she proceeded to pick out all onions, green peppers and everything else in there but the good old chicken. Nope not for me.. as soon as she was done eating the 'chicken.. ok it was 5 tid bits of chicken' she headed straight to the doughnut box. If she is still hungry for doughnuts then there is room for green things. It is green she doesn't like them, ok I can see onions but come on.. right? Am I being to harsh??? Well apparently she thought so, much to my amusement she did eat them but not after making sure I knew I was going to be a mean mom
Now before I spill the beans on too much more due to me being comatose off of (prescribed) medication I better close my post for the day. I hope that in and of itself is pure amusement, I love being an aunt but I love it when I get to play mom for day.
Oh and yes Jen was very well taken care of, I made sure she had goodies and treats and her favorite drinks, meds and naps and don't forget.. peaceful quiet time.. for her healing!

P.S. What would you suggest for a color scheme. I think white writing on black background is too harsh on the eyes, but so are the bight colors.. Ideas on colors that look best for a black background???

3 comments:

Rie Pie said...

I think you look great Sam!! That recipe looks yummy, too bad i'm allergic to pork.

ps. I don't think white on black is hard on the eyes.

Unknown said...

Awe!! Sounds so fun! Come clean my house now... I'll even let you take care of London ;)

Sam said...

I will be more than willing to eat up that child of yours. She is so dang cute! and thank Rie, I think back to college days, good memories! good memories!