Monday, May 11, 2009

Apple Pecan Pork Chops





Ok here is my new recipe! This one is called Apple Pecan Pork chops although I am not a huge pecan fan so I used almonds instead. This was definitely a keeper. It had the taste of meat but also a sweet taste that will fix your craving for dessert. it is a 2 in 1!

4 Pork Chops
1 Medium Apple, sliced thin
1 Tbsp of butter
2 Tbsp of packed brown sugar
1/4 cup of pecans (or nuts of your choice

In a pan melt butter, when butter is hot add apples. Cook apple for 3 minutes, moved to the side of pan. Add pork chops, cook thoroughly on each side. When cooked intermix pork chops and apples, add brown sugar. Let it caramelize put on plate and sprinkle with nuts.

I did this exactly how the recipe said EXCEPT.. this is suppose to be less than a 20 minute meal start to finish but I let the carmelization go a bit longer. It tasted like Carmel apples, yum! The brown sugar was also able to soak into the pork chop a little bit more like a marinade so total it took me about 25 minutes start to finish. I would recommend this to anyone, especially if you are having people over for dinner, quick easy and yummy and no need for a side dish!

For all those ladies (and guys) who are calorie counting this recipe serves 4 and it is only a whopping 250 calories per serving, oh and it save great for left overs!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Funny I was thinking the same thing about my blog colors, too! I love dark background, but light writing is hard to read!

The Greenwoods said...

Great Post woman I love the group photo Bryce's smile is very cheesey!!!!