Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fun Filled Weekend, With Homework

This weekend was Fun filled with family, food and four-wheeling. Thursday after work I headed over to my brothers and sister(in laws) house to spend some time with Alisha. Thursday we had a yummy new meal of penne in a wok with fresh veggies and sauce. It was DELISH! We then headed to her finance class that she has been taken. She is one person who is on top of her finances trying to make her life better by getting out of debt and saving money. It is called a budget! I learned most of my skills of a budget (which I stuck to for a while, but I have used it lately) and learning to save money when I shop. There was lots of good information that maybe I will one day post of my blog. We stayed up late talking and catching up on life (with 5 kids and a husband who works long hours, it is nice 'adult conversation' for her)

Friday I woke up to 5 kids wanting me to get out of bed (so much for sleeping in with not having to go into work). We took a brisk walk int he morning with the kids and kissed them farewell as they headed to school. Then we became the evil adults and made Monkey bread (recipe below)! It was EVIL but in a good way. so much for my working out last week. Alisha parents came out and we eagerly started on the scrapbooking. We had loads of fun. The kids came home and we devoured the monkey bread. I think that is all I ate the whole day. Alisha made dinner for us but I ate my yummy monkey bread. I took the girls to the scrapbook store and we spent lots of money. By 10:00 PM I was completely beat. I knew we heading out early for 4-wheeling so I headed home and crashed.


This is Monkey bread and it was delish!


Bryce and I - ready to head home

Sat we got up somewhat early.. ok Bryce got up, I slept in, I was exhausted. we loaded the 4-wheeler, or cooler and all the guns and headed out to the middle of nowhere. For those of you who know me I am not a gun person. For me to be around them takes alot of effort. I wont shoot them let alone touch them. Bryce's whole family was out there kicking it back, having fun and 4-wheeling. I stayed in the truck trying to accomplish my homework (that huge assignment I talked about on here) I ate lunch and then headed out with my ear plugs to 'hang out' I didnt get a chance to do much 4-wheeling besides to find a tree and squat (which I HATE HATE HATE doing) It was a nice day but a little on the windy side. I am one red chick! We came home and the boys went to Nikki's and Julians and played xbox until early morning hours while the girls stayed home and watched 'little women' for Nikki' homework assignment. This weekend was a success. Now I am at home sitting on the couch, homework mostly done and writing on my blog. I hope your weekend was just as enjoyable as mine!


Nikki (bryce's sister) Shooting and 50 caliber. this was RIGHT AFTER she shot this gun. This thing had to have weighted more than her! This pic was priceless



Bryce and Julian (his bro in law) looking like twins with their matching AR - 15 they bought together.


Rambo?????


after my homework I slipped out of the truck to do what I do best!