Sunday, March 22, 2009

Monkey Bread recipe


My new recipe of the week! Succeeded with week 2 now I am working on week 3.



Monkey Bread

1 - 35 OZ package of frozen Cinnamon rolls or orange rolls
1/3 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1TBSP of pancake syrup
1/3 Cup of Carmel ice cream topping
1 cup of pecans (or nut of your choice, we did almonds)

Take out your Cinnamon rolls to de-thaw. Once they are de-thawed cut into 4ths. Spray baking dish with pan, dump your nuts into bottom of pan. Dip your rolls into butter then in sugar and put in pan. Do this with the whole batch. One you are done with all your rolls dump the remaining butter and sugar on top of Cinnamon rolls, mix syrup and carmel together and dump on top of the Cinnamon rolls. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Take out of oven and dump into invert pan immediate scrape out the carmel and nuts that are on the bottom of your baking pan. Serve warm.

Now we just dumped Cinnamon rolls in a bowl after chopping them up and dumped all the butter on top and mixed then dumped all the sugar on top and mixed them dumped into a pan and poured the carmel mix on top. 1 cup of sugar was almost too much so I would suggest 2/3 or 3/4 cup of sugar instead. Before we baked this we also let them sit ot for 30 mins or so to rise. This is a great recipe for a party. In the pic we doubled the batch and it was completely gone withing a couple of hours. It was YUMMY. I also have the nutrition facts if you would like me to post them I will be more than willing to do so just let me know.

3 comments:

The Greenwoods said...

that looks so good!!!!! You are really Killing my diet!!!!! LOL

The Greenwoods said...

Oh amd I love the picture you took of brycw with the guns LOL Super cool looking!!!

Anonymous said...

oh honey I killed my diet all day on friday. If only you knew the nutrious facts! Dang it. I must've consumed 2000 calories in this alone. did I mention I had this for morning snack lunch afternoon snack and dinner? It is well worth the beating I will get at the gym later. We will have to make it. it is worth it!