Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I dont know what to even say...

First off let me say that this post is not directed at any one person in particular. I need to say it and every time I go to say it, it is never a good time and looks as if it is directed distinctly at one person. It's not... this has been an issue for months.

ok lets start by saying I need as many comments/suggestions as possible. I assure anyone who wants to comment - I will not publish it. It is for my eyes only. You can even tell me I am a whinny butt who needs to pull up my big girl panties. seriously... if that is what needs to be said - say it!

I have been back at work (hair) for 2 weeks now. The first week was just a toothpick short of a disaster. I was hoping week 2 would be better and it hasn't. At this rate, I am dreading the remainder of the year if this is just an insight of what it is going to be. Out of all of my appointments - 60% have canceled within hours of their appointment. Only 1 canceled at the 24 hours mark. Out of the remainder appointments - 75% of them showed up 20 minutes of more late. Not good ratings huh???

I feel frustrated and mad - a little sad. I am frustrated because I have clients who are waiting a month to get in to me because this time of the year I am booked that far out. I have people who would rather have that spot but I cant call them and say 'hey you want it' because I don't have time to run and grab product. I try to go only once a week to get what I need (maybe I need to rethink that??). I am frustrated because I think people get the idea that their lives are busy. What about mine??? I am beyond mad when someone's appt is at 4:30 and they show up at 5. Oh lets not forget that I have someone after them.... I have exactly 15 minutes to clean up from appointment 1 before appointment 2 arrives (had appointment 1 showed up on time). I would LOVE to take a minute and kiss my man before I hit the pillow half dead and cant remember the next morning if I kissed him or not. Lets not even talk about eating dinner. Never mess with a girl and her food. 15 minutes - for someone who shows up 20 plus minutes late or more. I am sad that people don't realize that I work outside of this. I have a full time job. This is something that I love yet I am to my breaking point of not doing it anymore because people cant respect my schedule, my house, my family or bryce. This is extremely hard for bryce yet he chooses to support me 100%.

I know most are thinking 'well you do it at home' or 'you only do it on specific days and sometimes that doesn't work for everyone' I understand that and I get that. I try to keep my prices extremely low (as a matter of fact - they are 1/3 of what I pay for my hair to get done) and I try to be as accommodating as I can. Including working through Dec when I said I was going to take it off. Staying up late to fit in that one person who might not wait. or even fitting them in on Saturday or Sunday.

lately I have been having clients show up with their loved one. Brothers, sisters, kids, parent, friends, nieces, nephews... with 'cant you just fit them in tonight.... please??? They only want..." I love the extra money but I have a hard time due to the fact that i have several people who are now at a 3 week wait. Is that fair to them? If it is not that then it is 'well you don't have an appt after me so you can fit them in.' what about spending time winding down, cleaning up, showering and eating a good meal - you were 20 minutes late remember????

I'm exhausted (already) and I'm to a major breaking point. I need suggestions and comments... again I wont publish them. they are just for me. To go and work out a salon is out. It cost too much in booth rent (might as well buy a bigger house and put it towards my mortgage), I cant charge the prices I have so that means.. yep, my rates would increase by 66% and I really don't want to commit to 40 hours a week working nights and weekends. I like having my weekends from work and I like not working 80 plus hours a week.

help!

No comments: