Saturday, February 11, 2012

Would you like some cake with that?

It is so much easier to blog on the weekends while I am 'attempting' to get things done: clean, laundry, finances, etc. The problem is, no one reads them! Oh well. The past few weeks have been extremely busy for me. I fell asleep on Thursday at 5:30 and didn't get up til the next morning. For 2 weeks straight I have been going non stop. One of the reason is because my Tuesday nights are out of the picture for the next few weeks. I have been taking cake decorating classes. Someone asked me at work yesterday, 'do you have like 5 jobs???' we both laughed. She knows I work with her, she knows I do hair, and now she knows I do cakes. She told me that I am really good at it - I feel differently. I never wanted to do this to make money but you never know when it will come in handy. I think I have done extremely well considering I like to grab a jar of store bought frosting to smother on to a cake, I have never made my own frosting until I took this class. Our first week we did cupcakes. We learned the different types of frosting, tips and how to use them to our advantage. Our second week we learned how to do roses and smooth out frosting on our cakes. The third week we learned airbrushing (Not my friend!) and put into effect the past two week in designing a cake of our choice (Tinkerbell). It has been fun, we have a few more weeks left and I am excited to see how far I progress and what i can learn. (sorry for the crappy pics, they are from my phone)











1 comment:

Geeta and Tim said...

YUM! Those look so adorably delish! They could put me into a diabetic coma...