Saturday, February 4, 2012

Really?

Today I was searching through pictures to find some pictures to post on facebook for my nephew. I went through all of my pictures on my laptop and decided to come down and check if Bryce's computer held more pictures that maybe I forgot about. Holy Crap! He has alot. As I was searching I found a stash of picture of the house when Bryce first purchased it. It is completely amazing to see where things have come from to where they are. I am sorry that I don't have after pics all in on file, you will have to sort through my blog. It is truly amazing. Sorry for the picture overload. We will start with the upstairs living room and work our way around. I think those who have been in my house will truly be amazed.
Living Room:







The kitchen (who decided that pee yellow was ok to put into a house??? It kinda reminds me of carpet (see below):







The purple room that wasnt so purple:



The upstairs hallway:



The most disgusting bathroom that pretty much looks the same (New toilet though. GROSS!) soon to be demolished! (Yay!!!!)





Our now bedroom/master bedroom:




Ok that is the upstairs. Let me take you on a walk down the stairs to the basement:
Now here is the basement. In all the years that this house has been a 'house', not one owner did anything to the basement. As a matter of fact, the only room existing was our old bedroom (in which someone mysteriously 'forogt' to put instillation in. yep we found that out the hard way! Now we have to tear out 2 walls when we get the rest of the house finished.) . Since the house was purchased, we moved alot of the framing that kinda sorta existed and most of the plumbing. We wanted to create our own look.
here is our old bedroom:


ok now the remainder of the basement:







Last but not least: The exterior:






Alot of the work doesn't show through the pictures. The urine stained carpets and floorboards that had to be ripped out and replaces. Our kitchen cabinets that someone sloppily painted white (the cabinets were stripped, sanded and sealed, we wanted to keep the orginals). The sprinkling system that no one took care of that was cracked and broken, left for our pleasure to rip out and restart for the beginning.
We often tell our selves there is so much to do to this house and it become exhausting, but looking back at where it used to be and looking at where it is, it doesn't seem so tedious. I am extremely grateful for my home and anyone who knows me knows I am proud of our house. I know it is an average joe house but we have put alot of work and effort in to it that makes me love our house, love what it looks like, and wants people to come see it. This was a great walk back to memory lane. Now that it is over, I must go clean my awful messy house!

1 comment:

Geeta and Tim said...

That was fun seeing what the house looked like before all the changes. Isn't it fun to personalize, and make it a home? I absolutely love the changes, especially the purple room...that' my fav!!!