Monday, January 30, 2012

I dont wanna....

This is a post that has been a long time coming. This is something that is hard for me to discuss. I have decided this year, 2012, is a year that I am going to stick up for myself and take care of myself. For the longest time I just went with the flow. I work very hard for what I have and what I do. How do I even start with this post?
I love hair, It is my passion. There are so many reasons as to why I don't do hair full time, I want to but I don't. Maybe it is that I cant. It just isn't in my cards at the moment. When I started doing hair I always told myself that I would keep prices affordable. I wanted everyone to have the chance to feel as good as I do when I get my hair done, even on a budget! so lets just get to the point. I need to get some things out that are not easy to say. I don't want to point out one person in this situation but these things happen all.the.time.
  • First off I wanna say that there are no longer going to be 'family' or 'friend' discounts. The prices I will set will be the same all across the board for everyone. 
  • I will also no longer do trade work. I don't want anyone feeling that they are getting the raw end of the deal including myself.
  • I will also now start charging a service fee for any product that one may need. It will be around $5 per item, the more you get, I will lower the service fee. I worked very hard to become certified in what I do and I don't want to be giving product out at my cost (I haven't ever charged for my time or gas).
  • I will now put into effect a cancellation fee. I get alot of cancellations and hour before appointments and those are impossible to fill. The cancellation fee will consists of the price of what you had scheduled (if it was a color and cut, it would be the price of that color and cut) You must cancel 24 hours prior to your appointment.
  • Payment is due at the time of service. I will no longer accept IOU's. I have too many people do that and I tend to forget with all of them. If you forget cash or check you will be required to run to the ATM or home to grab money. Please make sure you have money with you to pay for the services. 
  • Because I work a full time job please allow 1 to 2 week to get scheduled, especially with color. Haircuts are a bit easier for me to fit in and don't always require as much time to schedule.
  • I try really hard to fit hair in on the week days (Monday - Thursday). I feel that I deserve the weekends off since I am working 60 plus hours a week. I appreciate all that my clients do for me and sticking it out with me all of this time.
So lets get to pricing:
Cuts
  • Men $5
  • Women $8
  • Shampoo and style with any cut $4
Color
  • All over 1 color $40
  • Half head weave one color $45
    • For every color added to half head weave will be an additional $5 (if you have 3 colors the total is $55)
  • Full head weave will be an additional $20. (If you have a full head weave with 2 colors that will be $70
  • Color corrections will be $100 an hour (color correction is applying the color - usually bleach - and washing the hair more than once. This is a tedious task and time consuming)
All of my colors include a cut.

Updos/down dos - starting at $45 (Contact me for high school proms. Those will be a tad bit lower for a high school budget)

Perm - call for details. It will depend on length and type of perm you want.

 Wax
  • Lip $5
  • Eyebrow $5
  • Nose $5
  • Underarm $10
  • Arm half $10
  • Arm Full $15
  • Leg Half $15
  • Leg Full $20
  • Bikini $15
  • Back $10
*I will not be doing Brazilian wax at this time.
**If you don't see something on the list please ask! I may have forgotten some things.
*** bundling is accepted so please ask!
****Prices are subject to change.





3 comments:

Geeta and Tim said...

Good for you. I think that what you are asking for is perfectly acceptable!

Sarah and Neil Peterson said...

I am so glad you posted this! I don't always go to the same person and this last time I got my hair weaved it cost me WAY too much. I'll call you next time for sure.

Anonymous said...

it is about time you set a reasonable amount on yourself. we love you know matter what you charge. thanks for all the pricing cause i didnt know you were so versitle.. :) love you christmas