Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

 I figured since I haven't really blogged lately that I would do a blog post on my house before I tear it all down next week.. and pack it away for another 11 months. I will start with my living room. I will tell you when and where I got it and around how much it cost. :)

This is on one of my end tables. I love how this turned out. I got this from the wood connections (all raw wood) and painted it myself.

I added this believe to it. I bought it last year at tai pan the day after Christmas for 50 cents or something. It is actually a tree ordiment. I took off the wire and used the wire for the bells on the shoes. The ends of the wire were already curled. I think they turned out so cute!
These I made just this year...

This joy I bought last year at Tai Pan. You cant see but it has a transparent glitter on it. I wanna say I paid 8.95 for this. I saw them again this year.


This year I bought this at Tai Pan. I bought it thinking that is came apart and was individual letters. I think it is really cute and was looking forward to stacking it in my purple room but to my surprise it is all connected! You can twist it to make it all funky looking. It was still cute and I wanted to keep it. I think it works perfect in front of the TV, even for the steep price of $12.99

This train Bryce has had since he was little. His grandma bought it for him when he was really little. There are lights that go with it but last year they broke, but I think it still looks cute in front of our TV

This sled I got raw - from wood connections. The total cost of it was $35... with the bell, ribbon and extras. I love it!

Here is the set up of our living room (kind of) with the TV, sled, train, believe and tree!

This Grinch I got this year from wood connections. I cant remember the exact price but I think it was around $17 plus $2 for the wire that I used on it.
 Now on to the kitchen!

The manager I also got from the wood connections. With the star and everything it came to $15.95. You can see the brown runner in the pic but I picked that up at hobby lobby this year for $10. It has some pretty snow flakes stitched into it :)

Here is above one of our cabinets in our kitchen. I have had this present for a couple of years. I got it from hobby lobby for $5 It also opens up so it can hold all of your holiday cards. I just like it for decoration.

The blue bulb I got last year at Target the day after Christmas. It cost me a whole 50 cents!!! The Ho Ho Ho I have had for a few years. I got that from Tai Pan for $15

My candy canes (next to the HO Ho Ho). I big candy cane is HUGE. It stands about 3 feet tall. I saw this last year at Tai pan and I could not get over that thing! I kept thinking about it for over a week before I finally caved and went to get it. I think it cost me $10 which I had a hard time spending on a candy cane. I obviously wanted it that bad. The smaller one I got from Tai pan also. Cant just have one!

 I have had this for a few years.. I got that from Tai pan too!

I got these from wood connections. I paid $10 for the set of 3. I bought these this year

The sled I got from Roberts 2 years ago. I got it for $7. RIP Roberts (sniff sniff)

These stars I picked up at Tai Pan. I got them last year and the big one was $7 and the smaller ones were $5. They had them again this year in all sorts of colors and sizes.

I had to show our stocking. I couldn't get our longer railing in the picture that has Bryce's dads, grandmas and grandpas stockings hanging up. Bryce's grandma made their stockings when he was little. I got mine from hobby lobby this year for $7! Can you see Bryce messing around in the picture?????
 On to the purple room:

Here is my entire shelf!

I got this from hobby lobby this year! It was $5

Wood connections. I believe it was around $12 for the set of 3

I have had this since I was 16. My mom bought it for me. I find it really fun to bring things out from when I was younger.

I got this last year as a gift for Christmas from my SIL A.

I bought these for Bryce a couple of years ago from Kohl's. They say "You really jingle my bell! Merry Kiss mas!" and his tail jingles with the bell on it.
Here is the top of my shelf. All of these bulbs are different sizes. The giant ones (not picture but identical to the blue) I got at target last year. The red ones I got at albertsons for $3. The silver ones I got at smith's market place this year for $3 (they came with all sorts of colors, I just pulled out the silver ones, the rest are one our tree)

I got this Noel from wood connections. I paid around $10 for it... give or take, I cant remember one this one.
Well I hope you enjoyed the tour of my house at Christmas time. I wish everyone a fun, safe, great Christmas!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love how your Noel and Elf shoes turned out! The blue is so unique!