Friday, September 9, 2011

3 is better than 1



I really needed to finish my August recap. I still have so much to blog about so you get a 3 in one (well I guess 2 technically happened in Sept but we will pretend they happened in August, that way I am not behind in September too!) On August 30th, I received a call at approximately 2:00 in the afternoon. A busy time at work for me. This is a call I had been expecting for just over 8 months. A new addition was added to our family! This is grand-baby #17 for my parents. Her name is Sydney Tayler. She is adorable and I completely disagree when people say she looks like her other siblings. She looks NOTHING like them. She had that new baby smell that I love! (No it does not make me baby hungry). I went to see her the day she came home to her 'new home'. My sister was kind enough to not only go with me but help me prepare dinner for them. It was fun to hold a new baby again. Too bad they grow too fast.

World's greatest aunt!!!!
I have to make them cry at least once!

Labor day weekend was a nice weekend to relax. I had made plans with 2 of my sisters and their children to go swimming. I was so excited!  Only barely a day before we got a phone call that my cute niece E broke her arm. :( My sister said that it was ok and we could still go, her husband readily agreed to take E to a movie so we could still go. I wasn't having it though. We all agreed that we were going to go together so we came up with a back up plan that all of us would enjoy. We took some time to head up to hogle zoo. Boy was it hot! At the end of the day, we had so much fun and the kids were worn out! It was a great way to spend time together as a family without the family drama. I am glad I got to spend some much needed time with my sisters.


E,B and K
Chad and B
My Favorite animal. I love Rhinos!
B loved the monkeys. She would say MUN-KEEEEEEYS
This bird is almost identical to the one my mom has. My mom has a blue font and this is a yellow back (my brother has a yellow back and a red nape)

Baby zuri was cute! she was so fun to watch. She's a curious little bugger.
That was my ice cream. It didnt take long for a new owner to find it. I enjoyed sharing :)


Last but not least - every year I spend labor day weekend putting up fall decorations in my house. I must've been in denial and on strike against fall. I love fall but I was hoping by waiting, I would get just a little bit more of summer in there. My allergies have told me otherwise. Last month I spent some time searching for more decorations for our house. this year I will not only have just the kitchen but I also have the living room and the purple room to decorate. I love decorating. So I headed out to wood connections and got lots of cute things! I have just 2 finished but I am hoping that I will be able to finish the others in the next week or so. I also went to tai pan and bought some more adorable decorations. Those you will have to wait to see when I make my yearly blog post on my home decor (coming soon!)

No comments: