Saturday, January 9, 2010

A new year, A new beginning...




I am not one to make new years resolution until the 3 week into the year so I will follow up in a couple of weeks. I am still thinking about what I would like mine to be this year. Last year it was to drink more water and to overall obtain a goal to be healthier. I did go back to the gym and I did drink lots more water, and i even joined weight watchers in November. I felt like I completed my new years resolution! The only problem with make a resolution before Jan 1st is that I never live up to it, so that is the reason why I wait 3 week... I know I am retarded. Stay tuned for that!

This past week I had the opportunity of getting my butt kicked in snow shoeing.. with 2 guys. My little cheerleaders... More on that. When we got down from the mountain on Sunday I had several missed calls. I knew that my dad's brother was not doing so well and I knew the inevitable had happened. I called my family back to find out that he has passed on. I am excited for this happy occasion of him being reunited with a son, a brother, his parents and several other. I am also happy that he isn't in pain. The past 8 years for my uncle has not been the easiest. How can one be so happy yet so sad? I cried all of Sunday and Monday. I didn't want to talk about it. We went up to Idaho on Thursday night for the viewing and what a joyous moment to meet up with some of the most important people of my life. Some that I have not seen in many years and some new additions that I know will join the force of supporters for me in my decisions in life. I couldn't cry, I couldn't be sad. He had a great, full life! Friday was the funeral... -12 degrees at 10:00 in the morning is not what I call fun in a dress! I came home late Friday night and crashed. Today it is still hard to loose someone so great! I will miss my uncle and I will miss my "Hi sweetie!!!" with a big hug that I got everytime I saw him. I am thankful that this year I was able to attend my family reunion and see him one last time. I will always remember this man...

Aug 2009


Ok now back to the snow shoeing. This was our first adventure, we had lot of fun! I was sore, it was cold but needless to say I made it to the top with my little cheerleaders cheering me on (and being very patient might I add!)! I am excited that I was able to accomplish this with both my man and our friend. I would highly suggestion this to anyone who loves the outdoors. It may be cold when you start but it wont be for long. Here are a few picture to enjoy...





Bryce bowcut, me and Bryce

1 comment:

Dan Ward said...

Yeah I miss him too Sam!