Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Recipe

Ok so lately I know I have been abandoning my blog. I am tired, frustrated, exhausted, sad, overwhelmed, happy, tired, frustrated.. Ok I am repeating myself. This semester in school has definitely taken its toll on me (ask any who sees me! I am always fall asleep, yawning or crying out my frustrations.. really). I am trying to enjoy school but I just don't have the energy in me to keep up sometimes. Due to that my house is a mess, laundry isn't getting done, and food is missing out of our pantry! I have no idea where it is gone. anyways...

Bryce and I have come up with this brilliant plan to not only save money but to help with time restriction both of us may have. We are now planning our meals out two week in advance. 2 weeks is ALOT of time (well it is for me) and 2 weeks with only 1 trip to the store??? am I crazy??? So far (knock on wood) it has been a huge success and so far we are seeing as little as 10 dollars to 100 dollars a week in our pockets. I thought I was a scheduler before but I really have to be scheduled for this. I also have all of our recipes in my laptop so on Monday nights we go through and pick out our meals for the next 2 weeks, I make a shopping list, print all the recipes and post them on the fridge so Bryce can make that oh so amazing food I make! really, it takes skill (for the amazing food and organization) do I have you lost yet?? well lets get onto the recipe. I did not take a picture because it looks AWFUL but some of the best food I have had looks horrible so I thought I would post the recipe and let you try it before you see it. This one I got from my great Sister in law Alisha.. she is AMAZING when it comes to organization, cooking, and family time.. I want to be just like her. Here it is:

Chicken Tortilla Soup (the VERY VERY easy version)
1 rotisserie chicken - cut into chunks or shredded
1 can of chicken broth
2 cans of 'rotel' (that is the brand) stewed tomatoes with chilies.
1 can of no fat refried beans
1/2 cup of frozen corn

Throw all of it in a pan and simmer for 15 minutes
Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese and or tortilla shells.

it is YUMMY! and with the weather so crummy, it is a nice fast easy recipe. Even your hubby can do it!

2 comments:

Katie said...

ok YUM ! And don't worry, I have never seen a photo worthy bowl of chicken tortilla soup. It just doesn't happen. 2 weeks may also help with dieting so there aren't any impulse buys!

Unknown said...

Ohhhh I LOVE chicken tortilla soup... yummmm.