Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chicken Stir Fry - easy

Ok so I made my new recipes for the week. It is really hard to remember to take pictures of these before I devour them! that Fast Fix Family Foods book is awesome! We have yet to try a recipe that we don't like in it! I would highly suggest picking it up. Amazon anyone? It'll be worth it I promise!

This week we had a mishap of leaving (by we I mean my very good looking night and shining armor) the freezer slightly open and had oodles of chicken to cook up. I went to my handy recipe book and I chose a chicken stir fry. there are two in the book so I chose the one that took 10 minutes to make because I was short on time before I had to hit my class (1 class left.. can i say hoo-ray!) So here we go...

1 rotisserie chicken - take apart and shred chicken
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1 - 8.8 oz pack of cooked brown or whit rice
1/4 cup of bottle stir-fry sauce (of your preference)
package oven-roasted sliced almond

Cook rice

In another pan add stir-fry sauce, chicken and peas. Cook until warm and evenly coated. (I added a little bit of water just to make sure it coated everything and it wasn't as Strong) serve over rice. sprinkle some almonds on top and viola.. there you have it! There is your 10 minute meal!!!!

Now here is what I changed
first I boiled my own chicken so it took a little bit longer than 10 minutes. I also used frozen mixed veggies instead of peas. It gave it more flavor. I also used Jasmine rice instead of white or brown. YUMMY.

Bryce Loved this and so did I. You really cant lose with this book. oh and remember everything I make is GLUTEN/DAIRY free. (although I give you the real recipes)

This makes 4 servings and for all of my fellow pinkboxingglove girls this was 311 cal per serving. YUMMY

Oh and if you make any of my recipes please let me know what you think and how they turned out. Feed back is always nice!


I was so hungry that I ate it before I took a pic so I had to put a little bit more on my plate so I could get a pic. that is why the plate looks dirty, I was actually just starving!