Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dutch Oven (and moving)


This is for anyone who has owned a LUV SAC. They are not easy to move and I don't have enough crap to rent a u-haul. I thought it was pretty funny (oh and yes that is a crack you see in my windshield)


This was in the youth section (taken with my phone..blah.) I took a bunch of other pics but they didn't turn out.


This is my brother Will and my sister (in law) Jen. They are the ones who competed in the world's dutch oven competition (oh and yes he needs a haircut, I am slacking on that one!)


This is their main dish, prime rib.


This is their Bread. It is called meat and cheese bread with a kick. It also got the aware for best bread!!!!

This is their dessert. Neapolitan creme puffs. YUMMY!!!!


Yesterday was moving day. We got one load (as you can see that one load consisted of the luv sac) on Friday done before I headed over to school. Bryce was so kind as to unload my car of boxes while I showered for school. We got the rest yesterday which wasn't too bad. Now I just cant find anything!!! It is all stacked up in the corner waiting to be sifted through. I may not to get to alot of it for some time. I am glad it is done! Now to the fun part...
After moving I was able to head over to the South Towne Expo Center for the yearly Sportsman's Outdoor Expo. It is was a TON of fun. I got a bunch of pics but it was all from my phone and they didn't turn out so well. I headed straight to the dutch oven cook off when i got there. I got royal treatment! No one is suppose to be able to taste the food but since I am a princess the cute couple that you see posted in the pic handed some of the creme puff filling to me and boy was it YUMMY. With these cook offs they have to do 3 categories. They start around noon and they had until about 4 to get things wrapped up. everything they do has to be in a dutch oven (including something as simple as melting the butter!) They do their desert first, then the bread, then the main dish. Every little detail counts, one small thing could Determine win or lose. I had the chance to watch the desert when I decided to take the kids (chad and cam) around the booths. Later Lolly (Julia) and Kaleb showed up.
We bought Jerky for Bryce and they had even a small candy booth in which had a fishbowl of water and a mini (and I mean
mini ) cup in it. If you made a quarter into the cup you got a 1/4 of free candy your choice. Chad made it in! I could not believe it. We also got the other kids some candy and even got my dad some sugar free stuff and headed over for a little snack with my parents. I then took the kids over to the youth section which was cool because they had all sorts of games and activities about outdoors. Fire safety, dinosaur stuff, boating activities and what to do and not to do outdoors and your could even make your own bright colorfull fish hook! They even got little prizes at all the booths. Oh and they had sugar glidders, Owls (those were awesome) hawks, bald eagles and even baby bears you could hold! It was alot of fun but I missed out on the prep of most of the food.
I had to leave before they could announce the winner (I am always there but they were running really really late this year and I couldn't stay any longer) In the semi-finals on Friday will and Jen took 3rd place. Not a bad start. In the finals on Saturday (which they meals have to be completely different from the semi finals.. talk about pressure) they got 6th. That isn't horrible either but they were having problem with the judge thermometers on the meat and because they are the judges they have to go by their thermometers and their prime rib was medium instead of rare. We will be back next year in full fledge of that gold! I AM PROUD OF MY BROTHER AND SISTER!!! oh and they do catering for this so if you would like to try some AWESOME dutch oven for a party, family reunion, or just to try it you are more than welcome to email me at littlebrat01 at gmail and I can send you their information. It is well worth the money!
Now if you made it through that long post.. kudos to you.
One last thing, I think on my next blog post I am going to talk about something that effects me everyday of my life. It will be titles ENDO and for those guy (besides Bryce, because he already has to deal with me.. and it..) who read my blog consider yourself warned.. you may want to skip this post. There is your warning.
Until next time..

1 comment:

sarita said...

I just caught up with your blog and the dutch oven food looks a-ma-zing!!! Glad you had a good time and were treated like the princess that you are.

Feel free to post the cowboy cookies recipe if you so desire--it's not a family secret or anything!

Have a good week!