Saturday, November 10, 2012

Love the weather!

The weather we have been experiencing is truly amazing! I love it. It brings out the magic of the holiday. Today I sit here baking pumpkin cookies, clearing out the fall decor and putting up the winter decor. My house is literally a mess between baking, organizing, pulling out boxes but I don't care. I love it. I love seeing each year the new things my boxes hold. They are only new to me because I tend to forget what i buy each year. It is like unwrapping a present!
With this weather comes the bad - yesterday we lost our awning on our back porch. We are not for sure how much damage was done to the deck due to the amount of snow but I am sure in the next few days, the damage will so its ugly face. I hope it is minimal - since our awning was attached to our deck. That deck brings fond memories... The good the bad and the ugly. It was one project on the house that I can say "Yes, I did that!" We were right in the middle of rebuilding the deck when Bryce was injured 2 years ago. He couldn't walk, squat, sit or lift anything. He was in pain the whole time. I was his legs, his arms, his muscles while he was the voice. I pains me a little to see that there might have to be a replaced board here or there. It took alot of my blood sweat and tears. Even though the awning is gone, I still love this weather. Not even that can make the great mood I am in go away. It is a tiny reminder of all that I have. I rather have small things like that then nothing at all. here is some pictures of my adventures today:

My skeleton is getting mummy-fied and he looks awfully happy!
 Here he is getting ready to go in his coffin for the next 10 months! I have to take extra care with him since he is full on glass and I do not want him broken. I have had this thing for 6 years and it still looks like I bought him yesterday. He gets wrapped in alot of paper towels.... then he goes into a bin of breakables that is stuffed with paper... he also gets wrapped in paper for extra padding.


 Back to projects. recently Bryce and I decided (more like I wanted and needed his help so I didn't cut a hand off!) that we needed a little project to do together. We have been lacking in the time spending together. Both of us have been working extra long hours, so I have had this idea in my phone for over a year of a project that I wanted to do and have in the house. So we calculated, added, bought, lifted, cut, sanded and then I painted. Perfect timing too....

We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My current project was a snowman!!!!!! (rie that was you!)

I wanted a good size snowman. he stands just under 3 feet tall. He is stackable for convenience too. Everything stacks into itself, including the hat. The base of the hat is the bas of the boxes. His not screws off (that is why his nose is sitting on his had and not on his face). It was a great project for both of us to do together. We would open our back door in our garage, shut the garage door, music blaring, mask faced jamming out late at night while we sanded. It was a fun project but I am glad it is over so I can start on another one. Congrats to Rie! I will send you both gift cards at the same time. let me know if you want a home depot or a wood connections :)







1 comment:

Rie Pie said...

I can't believed I guessed it! Yay. Your crafts are so beautiful Sam. You are very talented.