Sunday, January 8, 2012

Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end...

Can I tell you I hate new year resolutions. You make them, within in 3 weeks, or if you are good 4 weeks, you break them. I try to myself to not make them. Instead I make January 'goals'. Maybe it is a mind set that if I make them at the beginning of the year I can break them as fast as I make them and fall in that category along with the other billion Americans. So at the end of every January I make goals. Since I need to start thinking of new goals (as I eat this yummy piece of chocolate cake) I remind myself that I need to see how I did on last years goals. So here we go....
1. Wear some form of make up at least once a week to work. Preferably eye shadow. Since my alarm goes off at 5:30 I would rather sleep that extra 10 minutes than put on makeup. I guess I pass it off well :) but I really need to try harder to put effort into myself. Consider that a dud! I don't even think I got a week into that one without breaking it. oops... I am NOT off to a good start.
2. 2. No texting while driving. I know I did this last year but I really need to buckle down on it 100%. For those who are keeping track - I made this one the year before too. I remember saying that I did great until the end so I completed this 85%. Well this year I did a few time (GUILTY!!!!) but now that I have this new smart phone, it does everything for me when I tell it to... no longer a problem. I say I completed this 99%. I know it isn't 100 but 99 is pretty dang good!
3. I want to start back up kick boxing. You always here 'I wanna lose weight' that is not the case here. I felt like I could concur anything when I went to kick boxing. I felt like I could take on the world. It is not a matter of losing weight, it is a matter of feeling better about myself. Simple enough, right? uhhhhhh was I on some sort of drug when I wrote these???? Because I do not remember writing number one or three... oops! Maybe I should have a 6 month evaluations on these. FAIL!
4. no soda. period. I have taken to soda more than water in the month of December and I am done. I don't need it. I wrote this post on January 26th 2010. I am proud to say that as of January 17, 2010 I have not had soda!!! (Thank you Wendy's for having fresh lemonade. You are my hero!!!!). well I lied again. About a month ago we went to go get something to eat after a long exhausting day and no dinner. it was 11 at night. I got my food with of course a fresh lemonade (Do you now know who the screw up was???) I took a swig with instant burning.... How someone got root beer from lemonade is beyond my knowledge. I was pissed... one swallow ruined it all, or did it? I dumped the rest down the drain. I am still mad.
5. I have several bank accounts and one in particular is not suppose to be touched. I even have it at a different credit union for the purpose of not going there and not using it. I have failed miserably so as of Feb 1st there will be NO TOUCHING it at all. That is suppose to be my new car fund for when my car hits the crapper (which I hope isn't for at least another 5 years , at least!)
5 is a good round number..
. Can we skip this one too????

Last but not least... our couple's goal. I had this written down on one of my post but I think I deleted it. It was to get our food storage going... How did we do on this??? By the skin of our nose we have it ordered and on its way. We tried really hard to get a few things her and a few things there but things always get in the way. Luckily we got a killer deal right before Christmas (yes I am such a smart shopper) and it is ordered and on its way. I am very excited! As my SIL says - 'you know you are an adult when you get excited about food storage!'

Stay tuned for this years goals!

No comments: