Saturday, November 5, 2011

NBPM #5

I know some people are going to curse me when I say this... "LET IT SNOW!!!"

I am a huge fan of the snow! I love snow (I love summer more :)) I was like a kid in a candy shop this morning when I woke up and saw all of the snow! It makes me feel like the holidays really are upon us. It make me excited. I want to bake, cook, decorate, eat homemade soup, drink hot chocolate in my pajamas on the couch curled up next to Bryce while watching an awesome movie in the dark with the blinds open so we can see the big flakes coming down outside. I want it to snow 6 feet at once so we all get locked in our house for days. That about sums up how I feel about snow. Along with the snow, we have the upcoming holidays to think about. I am very excited for thanksgiving but even more excited for Christmas. I don't want to brush off Thanksgiving but Christmas is my holiday! I love shopping, I love buy gifts, I love putting together gifts in cute ways. can you see why I love Christmas so much?

This year I got an early start on Christmas... I have 2 very special projects on my hands. The first one I am 90% completed and the second one I am about 1% in (I will post more about it when I am more in to it). The first project: My next door neighbor is doing a tree for the festival of trees. I went over last week and it simply looked amazing! I love the color scheme they picked out (blue, silver, and white) and I love the theme: 'hope'. I cannot wait to see it all finished and set up. They have a story of hope to go with it. One of the things they needed for the 'tree' was a hat and a scarf. They also wanted a bunch of present to put under the tree that was going to be donated to PCMC for the kids. I ventured out a few days ago and found the perfect hat and scarf. I am very excited! I also picked up several toys along with wrapping paper to match the tree to wrap them up in. Today I will finishing up the details of the little adventure and taking them over to my neighbor. Doing stuff like this really gets me into the season, instead of focusing on the bad things that may come with the season. I am grateful that I have opportunities like these to keep my mind in perspective of what the holidays really are about.


No comments: