Monday, March 22, 2010

World Dutch Oven Championship!

Every year my brother and sister spend alot of time, money and hard work to compete is only the best of the best dutch oven cook offs. Now i have posted on this before and this year will be no different. I am proud of my brother and sister, and I call myself his good luck charm, although I am really not. Every year I spend the 10 or so dollars to go and cheer him on. I thought I would make you all jealous at what he can do in a cast iron pot, let me remind you all of this is done in a dutch oven. I am impressed to say they even made ice cream! I wish I could post all of the pictures but if you would like to see them you can go Here and Here. If you would like to watch some video of this intense competition you can go here. Just click on any of the pictures and it will take you to the video...

This year my brother and sister took 3rd. It is not first but it is prize worthy! Here are a few photos. Wish us luck for next year first place!!!!!




their pre-game faces


Starting off with their dessert. Home made apple pie with homemade ice cream. It is a family secret! Literally!


Next is the bread.. stuffed meat or rather something bread (they have a great name that I screw up every time!)



Check the pie and the bread is getting nice and toasty behind them!


Next comes the main dish, getting it prepped (do you see that "are you serious" look on my sisters face??? Kind of funny!)


Time to get it going!

Just in time for the pie to come out! Yum!

Grand Finale! Presenting....





Too bad your brother cant make this for you, are you jealous????


Now for all of you that are wondering, you can get a taste of this tasty stuff! They do catering and you are more than welcome to contact me through here, face book or both of them on face book. Congrats to my brother on 3rd!

No comments: