Saturday, May 2, 2009

Camping in the clouds..

Bryce and Eddie Summer of 1991



Bryce and Eddie April 25th, 2009


Last November Bryce and I had been through some and emotional roller coaster. We had went on our last camping trip and winterized the trailer, his grandma had been sick and such. I was scheduled for surgery on a Thurs. Nikki his sister had surgery on Friday. His grandmother was not doing well and I was sicker than sick. This surgery was rough, worst than the same surgery I had 6 months prior. Bryce was trying to take care of me during the days in between being at his grandmothers down the street. Luckily it was just down the street if I need anything. I knew the end was coming close. By Sunday the family dog was sick, I had a rock in my stomach. Monday morning I called Bryce home, the dog was going. That morning we lost our family pet. After all the emotions of the day I told Bryce I wanted to see his grandma. I could barely get out of bed but we made it over. The next day she went back home with all of around her to say our goodbyes as she was welcome by others.

The next few days were blurs, I tried to go back to work and Bryce spent time with his family. I made it one day at work and I started having complications from the surgery. I was sent home for the next week. The day of the funeral came, we had many family and friends there to give their well wishes. One person is particular stood out. I was sick and didn't pay much attention to what was going on around me. After the services this person came up to both Bryce and I and introduce himself to me as 'Eddie'. Eddie was Bryce's childhood friend. We didn't know what had happened to him or where he was but there was always stories being told of the mischief that they both got into. I had seen many pics of the two of them together. This is where an old friendship continued and a new one started.

Last November we definitely had a bittersweet moment. I think Grandma had a hand in this one. She definitely knew what she was doing. Even today Bryce's aunt said today that and confirmed my thoughts. Bryce describes this as 'It's like time never passed, it has picked up where it was left off' I also received a new friend out of this, known as my 'twin'. It is like we have known each other our entire life. I remember being so nervous to meet Brittany (she was not able to attend the funeral) but now it is like she has been my friend my whole life.


Sam and Brittany April 2009

This last past weekend we were able to head out on our first camping trip. this was also bittersweet. Grandma was not physically with us but I knew she was still there is other ways, as I said I think she set this up. It rained, it snowed, but we still had an awesome time. We played games, roasted hot dogs and even made 'our dessert' for Eddie and Brittany over the fire. The meals were yummy, I got to spoil Apollo (I always do) and I still had time to get in a nap! I wouldn't ask for a better first camping trip of the season. I know there will be more..

Here are some pics from our first of many camping trips with them. Thanks you guys for such an enjoyable time!


Apollo (Brittany and Eddies dog)


The fire


Eddie and Apollo


Brittany driving the 4-wheeler.. you did awesome!


The clouds. If you look closely you will see the steam on the road


My Paul Bunion


Totally busted, diggin' in the dirt


So Sweet


Our happy ending!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like you had fun!

Unknown said...

So fun :) Yay!

ed'WORD' said...

You have no idea how many times I tried to recontact Bryce, but either came up empty, or was too shy to start tracing the childhood steps to get back. The moment I heard of his Grandmothers death I was truely very sad. I knew that the Hardman family indeed lost a great woman. I also knew this was the open door to try to get to know Bryce again. I didn't think my presence would have been such a big moment, but if I helped ease any pain by just being me I am glad that I didn't miss the opporotunity. I look forward to a great many years, and a great many camping trips.

The Greenwoods said...

You are awesome Twin!!!! I love having you and Bryce in our life, you two Rock!!!!